Tuesday, March 25, 2008

One week of freedom left

It's one week until I officially start my first full time job at a law firm on Bridge Street in Sydney. I am really looking forward to the expected challenges, learning a lot and meeting a whole bunch of new people.

In the mean time, I am making the most of my free time.

Last Wednesday I played poker at a friend's house in Newtown, winning $38. Not bad for an enjoyable night in.

Last Thursday I went to the Sydney University Law Society Emo Easter party at the Ruby Rabbit on Oxford Street. Dressed in my sister's skinny jeans, with eye make-up and black nail polish I was a true Emo wanna-be. However, I was a little scared to go into the city looking like such a freak. And then I realised, there are dozens of freaks walking around in the city at night (especially Oxford Street), so nobody paid any attention to me.

Last Saturday the family celebrated easter at my aunties house which was pretty fun. My cousin has the Nintendo Wii, so I tested out my skills at virtual tennis. Initially I sucked, but eventually I got the little flipping of the wrist action down. Look out Agassi, here I come.

I managed to speak to one of my favourite friends on Skype the other day. She is American, but most of her family comes from in and around Hyderabad. She gave me the link to a cool site that describes some of the most popular Hindu gods and includes nice little cartoon illustrations. http://www.gheehappy.com/

Last night was one of my friends 23rd birthdays. Around ten of us had dinner at Shinju Teppenyaki in China Town. Very fun, but rather expensive.

1 comment:

Lisette said...

am finding it very hard to imagine u as a wannabe emo....

funny that u think of emos as 'freaks' - dont u know that's the new cool tom? :P