Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Bier by the Alster

I am currently taking German language classes full time until uni starts at the beginning of September. After class, we (we being Kobbey, Marie-Anne and I) buy a 1€ Bier. Good times.

But I need to enjoy the sunlight, because apparently the winter is miserable. Having a beer is a good way to celebrate the sunlight, and a good way to drown ones sorrows in the dead of winter. I joke, ... but seriously.

One of the great things about Hamburg, and I think Germany in general, is that 'the Long Lunch' is part of their culture. Outside the Colon language school at lunch time there are hundreds of people having hearty cooked meals and fine wine, using only the shiniest crystal glasses and the best crockery and cutlery. Ah, but I do love Germany. Bon appetite!!

No comments: