Saturday, August 11, 2007

Caipirinha


Last night was my first experience of the Reeperbahn. Let's just say that this street is like King's Cross on steroids, and is Amsterdam's not so poor cousin. I went to the Reeperbahn with a couple of the students from the Colon (Colon the language school not Cologne the city). I am studying German for 4 weeks before I start at the Bucerius Law School in September. One of the girls, Diana, is Columbian. She's only 25 years old and is engaged to be married to some 40 year old German guy in a couple of weeks, crazy! I don't know where he was last night, but Diana was at the club dancing with us. We went to one of the bar/clubs and danced and danced and I drank a few Caipirinhas.
The recipe for Caipirinhas is 50 mLs of Cachaca (a Brazilian spirit), 1/2 a lime and 2 teaspoons of sugar. Place the lime and sugar into a glass and mash the two ingredients together. Fill the glass with crushed ice and add the Cachaça. Alternatively, you can use Vodka instead of Cachaca.

1 comment:

Zero said...

informative, interesting and allusions to extra-pre-marital relations, go on..